Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Okay.  I could be in trouble...big trouble.  I started reading "Pride and Prejudice" a couple of days ago.  I finished it last night and immediately watched the movie.  This is a routine with me about once a year.  I read the book, watch the movie, and then I'm good for nothing for several days.  Needless to say, I won't be reading the next few days.  It always takes me a day or two to get through this haize.  I wonder if anyone else goes through this.  Surely I'm not the only P&P junkie.

I'm trying to get myself psyched up to read "Becoming Jane Austen" by Jon Spence.  I watched the movie a year or so ago and cried like a baby.  I'm quite sure I will follow up with the movie (again).

I could be in a funk for days. 

Oh, and did I mention that I have "Persuasion" scheduled to read as well.  I've never read "Persuasion" and I'm really looking forward to it.  No, I've not watched the movie.

I'm not sure how the next few days will go.  All I know is I'm on a Jane Austen kick and I just have to ride it out.  Again, I wonder...am I crazy?  Surely this can't be normal.  Will my yearly routine now become: Read "P&P", watch "P&P", read "Becoming Jane Austen", watch "Becoming Jane Austen"? 

I don't know what it is about Jane Austen that fascinates me so.  Certainly her writing.

Are there any other Jane Austen/P&P junkies out there?  Let me see a show of hands, please.  It's lonely on this side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment